Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Monday 7 May 2012 GBR-CADDINGTON

Marty Bauman - MEDIA CHIEF
Monday 7 May 2012
GBR-CADDINGTON

Well, nearly a week since landing in the UK - and what a start!!!

Even though having Badminton cancel was terrible, other opportunities arose that got me up-close-and-personal with some of our stars and gave me a little breathing space to finish off editing my RK3DE images!

KENTUCKY WAS AMAZING: and so much better by being accompanied by you all!!!  And the people I met, riders, owners, organisers, volunteers, and most importantly for me, glorious media - I love the atmosphere of the Media Centres at events - there is such an energy, focus, determination and drive - it just makes me feel alive!!!  And the Media Chief: Marty Bauman was just gorgeous - with a fab Boston accent to boot!!!

Photographers Course Walk!!!
WE LOVE ROLEX...
WE LOVE LAND ROVER

Also, due to many riders, owners, families and representatives traveling a similar route to me, I bumped into a few beautiful people en-route from the USA-UK:
James Alliston (GBR Rider @ RK3DE): His brother struck up conversation at Lexington Airport - he promptly got my business card!!!
Frances Stead (CLIFTON EVENTERS): Flight from Lexington to Chicago
Andrew & Louise Scott (OLYMPIC SELECTOR): Chicago O'Hare Airport (4hrs of chit-chat - where I found out about certain SKY-TV interviews being set up in the UK- see below!) - same flight to LHR!

On landing, I zipped straight to Tim Price & Jonelle Richards Yard in Marlborough where my Little Turtle was kept over the cold winter under cover - GORGEOUS ONES!  She was a little dirty, but otherwise in fab shape...  I ended up staying with them for 3 nights while I was sorting Insurance and Tax...  I also took the opportunity to take a few behind the scenes shots...  These two have a magnificent yard, that they have   built up from a very run-down complex 6-years ago to what is (in my eyes) the most gorgeous character, atmosphere and beauty it is today.  They have a very full yard, combining their own superstars, with those they break, ride, train and school for others!  Hard workers - UNDERSTATEMENT - Beautiful People - just nudges the surface of these two...


I leapt at an opportunity to accompany Andrew & Louise Scott with SKY-TV doing interviews with Andrew Nicholson & Mark Todd (they also interviewed Blyth Tait & Erik Duvander so keep an eye out)...  How incredibly special to be able to photograph at their yards, and even more, listen in on the interviews!  Great to see Jesse Campbell again - tried to make him blush, but I think he is getting used to me now!!!

And the cherry on top was seeing ESNZ HP Coach: Erik Duvander and ESNZ CEO: Jim Ellis on Thursday - they were visiting riders yards and snuck up on me editing and organising insurance!!!  Love seeing familiar faces!

Now, I am at my gorgeous friends place in Caddington (north of London) where I hope to ping next to:
WED: Aston Le Walls Horse Trail
THUR: Chatsworth International Horse Trial

Straight after Chatsworth I will be heading to France for Saumur International Horse Trial...  LOVE FRANCE!!!  No time to look around this time though...  lots of BB-LIBBY-LIVE camera shots en-route I think!!!

The call should be made any minute on whether these two events are going ahead - Ma Nature is still throwing her toys ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!  (It was so cold last night, I awoke at 5.45am and decided to come inside and continue editing in the comfort and warmth of the house instead of my Little Turtle!!!)...

SO: I SHALT UPDATE THROUGH FB-TWITTER-WEB throughout the events, and hope to be able to blog once a week if anything exciting happens as I trundle around the UK-EU....





No comments:

Post a Comment